Firstly, there are four basic variations (and many more, when you get the hang of those!), which you’ll need to knot to pick your game: Draw, community, stud and straight.
- Draw is the most common: Players are dealt five cards, and they have the chance to discard some in favour of the same number of cards from the deck.The betting begins after the draw.
- In Stud, the cards are dealt in a mixture of face up and down cards, and rounds of betting follow the dealing.Most recently, the game has come to be played with seven cards, but the winning hand still has to consist of five cards.
- In Community Poker, two cards are dealt face down, (These are called hole cards!) and community cards are dealt face up in the middle of the table. You construct your five card hand out of the hole and community cards. No Limits Texas Hold ‘Em in one of these.
- The Straight play is the oldest variation and the aim is make certain variation of cards. It’s played with a standard deck.
- You construct a winning hand according to card hierarchy: this is determined by the rarity of drawing them. There are nine hand ranks, in ascending order: One Pair, Two Pair, Three of a Kind, Straight, Flush, Full House, Four of a Kind, Straight Flush and Royal